Mi Familia

Mi Familia

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last Year's Struggles

Going into a new year many times presents itself with new opportunities and solutions to a year left behind. When I evaluate the years past, I must always think of the growth and development that has or has not taken place in a time it should. We don't expect children to go through the years without learning how to walk, talk, add, subtract and continually learn with each month and year they live. Knowing this, I must now apply my expectations and evaluations to my own life.

There are situations, problems and frustrating events that take place in each and every one of our lives that we have internal struggles with. I'm not speaking of the struggles that you tell everyone about, but the battle that is going on in your mind when things don't necessarily go your way. This could be a struggle with faith, marriage, or even the desire to go on with life. Whatever that struggle is, I am feeling the dire need to conquer and defeat that thing I have been struggling with.

I refuse to continue this year with Last Year's Struggles. Many times we think about the years down the line where our struggles will just somehow dissipate and go away, but why not end them now? I am now certain that the battles in my mind will end this year because I plan to do something about it. Unfruitful habits, thoughts and emotions can not dwell in me and with me in a year that I am destined to live in peace and joy. So, by any means necessary I will confront my demons.

I will no longer ignore my thoughts and emotions hoping for a better day or year. I will be fasting, praying, denying myself, sharing my thoughts with my wife, going to counseling, cut people off, or whatever it takes for me to conquer my situation. IT CAN NOT LIVE WITHIN MY MIND ANYMORE.

If anyone would ask me how is life, I would tell them that I have the perfect wife, children, job, church and situation. Yet, I desire to be closer to God and not battle with some of the conflicting ideas and thoughts in my mind. We must all rise above our emotions and trust in the perfect Wisdom of God's Word. THIS YEAR I will do the following:

Treat my wife as the queen she is
Give my kids more of my time at inconvenient times
Do the things I already know my wife wants me to do (without her asking)
Don't hold back from being involved in church because of past hurts
Learn more through information and experience than I have ever learned before
Stop watching so much tv, eating too much food, and spending unnecessary money
Most of all, I will learn more about God than ever before through books, videos, the bible and my pastor

Join me in making this year the best year of your life. Confront the struggles of your life and stop ignoring the pain that has been dwelling and infiltrating your heart. Live in love, peace and joy. And the peace of God shall follow you all the days of your life. Until next time....

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this one...especially that last paragraph... "Confront the struggles of your life and stop ignoring the pain that has been dwelling and infiltrating your heart. Live in love, peace and joy."

    I made up my mind to stay focused on the positive and change the negatives that are within my power to change, but often last year I let one slip or a few depress me and I closed in on myself or went back to self-destructive behaviours that never work out in the long run.

    I am working on a blog about the need to discipline myself (it's pretty much done, really, but I like images in my post so I need to Google up some to insert at appropriate points, then post it for the day)...my new year's resolution is to take care of ME and the Brand Me...that's more than physically that's from all angles... Hard for me though cause of the lack of discipline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in agreement with you and praying that God continues to be first in our lives as we will be making 2011 the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring. Could not have said it better. Blessings and favor to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Peace and blessings ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need more blog posts Mr. Even once a month.

    ReplyDelete